Another good story is that this student brought in a gold fish and asked me to watch it for him, because it was his friend's and it wasn't getting any oxygen in the locker. The fish was dead. So I babysat a dead fish all day. When the owner came in, she started shrieking only as a 15 year old girl could, and she called her mom and melodramtically conveyed her broken heart over the floating orange blob.
I also had a student critize my handwriting, because he didn't like the way I made my 'r'. Great times. I'm loving it. Teaching is hilarious, and rewarding.

Other good news. UW is sending me and a classmate to Bolivia for spring break to do some research for the education department here. It's a free trip! This is definitely not something that happens to me ever, so I'm thrilled. Evo Morales, alpaca for dinner, and the smell of burning coca leaves. Can't wait.
4 comments:
Isn't teaching so much fun?! It's a TON of work, but so rewarding. High school age is fun....they make me laugh everyday. I hope you continue to enjoy it!
BOLIVIA!! I'm so excited for you! Make sure you take lots of pictures and tell us all about it!
Love this, Bec. Keep it coming.
Mom
Lucky girl. If I remember student teaching correctly, I'd have rather spent it sleeping, but Bolivia sounds like a perfect second choice :)
Mind the food! BTW when you write UW I was thinking University of Washington and was wondering what in the blazes you're doing in Washington. But then I wised up. Take luck in Bolivia!
Post a Comment