
A handful of Bolivianos, butterflies in my stomach, about 40 lbs worth of University of Wyoming gifts for the Bolivians, the Yellow Fever pumping through my vains, $135 in cash to pay visa officals to let us in the country and a list about a mile long of questions I am supposed to ask while I'm there. I'm all set! I leave from Denver Friday morning and after an 8 hour delay at Miami International (mission homecoming, sweet), we are off to La Paz. Here's our tenative itinerary. We will be staying with a Bolivian family the entire trip:
Saturday:
- Arrive in La Paz at 5:45AM (3:45AM MST)
- Visit Museums and walk the Zona Sur
- Dinner in the Camino Real Hotel
Sunday:
- Trip to Lake Titicaca
Monday:
- Academic activities at the Normal School "Simon Bolivar" (We will be attending different English Classes and the Experimental College-no clue what this means exactly)
Tuesday:
- More activities at the Normal School
- Visit with Educators for Democracy, visit schools
Wednesday:
- Visit the Tiahuanaku Ruins with a Precolumbian expert
- Dinner in a Bolivian home
Thursday:
- Visit the 16 of July Outdoor Market in El Alto
- Departure dinner with the Educators for Democracy
Friday:
- Leave La Paz at 6:50AM (4:50AM MST)
- Arrive in Denver at 8:00PM
Hasta el 20 de marzo!
2 comments:
HAVE FUN!!! Can't wait to read about it and see pics on your blog. I'm totally jealous you know.....
Good luck and we can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Post a Comment