Before the first day, I thought the hardest part about teaching was coming up with a syllabus that contained policies on everything from chewing gum to safely escaping in case of a fire. And now, now that I've been teaching for three whole days, I've decided that the hardest part about teaching is acting like you know what's going on when really, you feel like you have no idea.
So far though, so good. My students seem to have bought into the idea that I might be ok to live with for the year, and I've been told that students who had to change their schedules (which was about 40 due to a severe registration error for all Spanish classes) they were actually disappointed that they didn't have me anymore. So that boosted my self esteem a bit:)
The best way I can describe being a new teacher is like having a tsunami come flooding through your life and all of a sudden, you realize that you have made an extreme lifestlye change. Never before in my life have I gotten up at 5:45am and worked until 6pm in the same day.
Still, I've had a great time with the students, and I feel like if I can just get my head wrapped around everything and get organized, this will be a fun year.
Thanks to all of you who have been sending words of encouragement. It has really helped!
Classroom Before and After:





4 comments:
YEAH!!! I am so happy for you! I hope you get this. The room looks great and I am so glad that things are going well. The room looks like my old German room in the "7th grade hallway." (well minus the mexican decorations, add a few more german ones). I am happy that things are great and that teaching is going well. Keep us updated on more things!
awwww how cute, I remember when my teachers would set us up in "pod" formations!
That looks fantastic Becca and you are absolutely beautiful. I know you're going to be a fabulous teacher. Good luck facing the students.
Love,
Beth
I love what you've done with the place! It's so...Spanish classroomy. Well done!
Post a Comment