Sunday, May 30, 2010

Viking Craniums and a New Car

Two things of significance in recent days. First, my daddio participated on the "Bar-barians," a team of like 8 lawyers and 1 plumber who rocked the house at the Cheyenne Rotary Cranium Bowl. They competed against 10 other teams, and not only won a giant trophy for knowing the most random information, but they also won the golden apple award for team spirit. My father, of course, started out a little shy, but by the end of the night, was out of control. One of the head lawyer ladies leaned over to him and said, "Ernie, we've voted you as the most surprising team member."

Here's a pic of their brilliance.



And secondly, I bought a new car!!! When I was a missionary in Florida, I remember thinking "when I buy a car one day, I'm going to buy it from the LDS mission in the area." And that's exactly what I did. I got a great deal, a nice looking vehicle, and got to hang out in the Colorado Denver North Mission Office while an Elder Kitchens and his wife told me how they used to sit on slabs of cardboard in BYU classrooms during the 1950's. Overall, an excellent car-buying experience.

Here's to missionary vehicles (that have replaced trunk hoods, of course.)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new car! It looks great! And that is great about your dad! The viking look really suits him!

Birches said...

I want to enter a cranium tournament. That's awesome!

Nice ride!

Eli and Steph said...

How can Eli get signed up for next year's cranium competition? He knows the most random things...

Is your car a toyota? Yay for a new car!

Kelli Burton said...

nice car!