Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and cholita wrestling


For this Halloween, I chose to represent the fearless, the underestimated and undervalued cholita, of the Bolivian type I mean. For the most part, my costume was somewhat authentic, except for the straw hat from Goodwill and the cabbage pat doll wearing my North Face hat. But other than that, I feel as though I've represented my South American female counterparts well. I had to carry around some pictures I took of the cholitas to help people understand what I was supposed to be. But, to my joy, one of our local missionaries from Ecuador recognized me right away. I even got a few "Most Creative" votes at a friend's party.


On Monday, we are having Sports Day for our school spirit week. I am dressing as a cholita. Why, you ask? Because some of these fearless women are also known to participate in professional WWF style wrestling:



So I figure, I'm perfectly justified in sporting this garb on Monday too!

Hope you all had some great Halloween fun!

(The pumpkin I carved this year)

2 comments:

Birches said...

That video was awesome. I wanna see your moves in the ring.

Lisa Laughs said...

you are my hero. loved the costume, and that video is out of control. gotta love those tough latina women. you are so cool bec. so cool.