Sunday, March 27, 2011

QR What?

I usually think that I'm in the loop, despite my rural localization, but my mom convinced me that it is quite possible to be completely in the dark here in Cheytown.

My mom went to D.C. for a tech and libraries convention and came back with all kinds of cool stuff. She was quite tickled with herself and exclaimed her joy at "knowing something you don't know." Mom... you know a lot that I don't know; but touche in having a much better smart phone than me.

The QR Code. Quite possibly the most interesting technological invention yet. And what blows my mind is how my smart phone can read it! Here's my QR code that Mom made for me. It was like a 21st century way of saying "I love you." See if your smart phone can read it yo.

3 comments:

Eli and Steph said...

Have you used the QR code at the airport? The airline will send one to your phone via text messaging when you check in online to your flight. Then you can use it at your gate instead of handing the attendant your ticket to swipe. Pretty cool. I just discovered this last month when I had to take a last-minute trip to Houston.

Lisa Laughs said...

ha ha. your mum is so cool. i've never heard of QR before either. whoops. can you believe you are almost done with another year of school? i hope you've been loving the high school. i'm on the job search again. this year i have more connections in the district, so things are looking a little more rosy on the teaching job front.

Kelli Burton said...

we were just talking about this in one of my classes this week! cool stuff.