Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kitchen Remodel

No, not my kitchen. Mom and Dad have decided that it's finally time to remodel their 1970's kitchen. I have to say that I will miss the orange counter tops and brick-like linoleum.

There have been lots of requests for pictures, so every time I went over to their house, I took a shot with my phone camera. Here's a photo documentary of the last month or so...


My destructive urges were satisfied when I got to pull off all of the wood paneling from the dividing wall with Dad. Kind of left a nifty design...

Dad took a moment to dance in the dining room area, since most of the furniture has been moved to the "building" in Guernsey, and there is now lots of dance party room.

Nick's birthday came up right after the cabinet's came off the dividing wall. So, once again, another urge of mine came into play...

The one that's always wanted to draw on the wall! We made a homage to Nick by drawing all kinds of things that we love about the guy (notice the guns)...

Then, the drywall came down...

And we had a piece of modern sculpture that let the light filter throughout the level.

After that came down (no, I didn't get to be involved in that one) Dad had to locate all of the electrical.

And then, Dad and Mom spent a weekend scraping the ceiling.

Oh, and by the way, last night I was over at the house and found out that Dad's chair fell into one of the many softball-sized holes he's left in the floor, and broke the chair's leg. We've been wondering how long that would take to happen...

I'll give you another construction update in a month or two.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Birches said...

Wow, that's going to be one nice kitchen when its all done I bet. We miss you too friend. Not sure when we can meet up. We're probably going to head to AZ this year the 21stish.

Eddie said...

I am excited to see it all finished. What a project!